Layout and Configuration Options
The micro-män system consists of:
A) Closing Unit
B) Transposition System with Process Modules and Tracks
C) Injection Unit
The closing unit is a highly stable and rigid system. The closing movement is executed by a high-performance torque motor that is virtually wear and maintenance free.
- 50-kN and 150-kN torque motors
- Closing movement via recirculating ball screw
- Path-dependent configuration of closing profile
- Mold protection with configurable speed and mold protection force
- Separate closing units for 2C applications
In terms of size and autotuning, the tracks are standardized mold halves that can be modified to meet the requirements of a specific application.
- Mold change in only a matter of minutes
- Custom-controllable mold mechanics
- Slider technology (for up to 32 cavities)
- Up to 64 cavities
- Data matrix code
- Side cores
- Multistage ejection
The electrical linear drive makes it possible to customize the movement of individual tracks.
- High dynamics and speed
- Intermediate stops can be fully programmed
- Reverse tracks are possible, meaning the track does not pass through the entire transposition unit, but stops only at the required modules for small batches, start-up, etc.
Plasticization is performed gently by means of a two-stage screw preplasticizer with plunger injection or, for larger volumes, by means of a screw.
- Processing of commercially available granules
- First-in / first-out operation
- Screw is optimized for dwell time
- Injection pressure of max. 3,000 bar (depending on plunger Ø)
- Injection unit can be exchanged without a drive change
- Water-cooled, maintenance-free drive technology via torque motor
- Full hot runner system for up to 16 cavities